Christchurch Parish Council

Christchurch Parish Council consists of 7 elected members.

Elections are held every four years, with the next one in May 2019.

The Parish Council meets on the second working Monday of each month, in Christchurch Community Hall, Upwell Road.

There are 15 minutes at the beginning of every Parish Council meeting where the public can ask any questions, or raise any concerns to the Parish Council.


Parish Councillor - Vacancy

Give something back to our village. Your time will be well spent as you will be helping to shape the future of our Parish. The council
meets on the 2nd Monday of the month,for two or three hours depending on what needs to be discussed and council meetings are open to the public. If you would like to know more about becoming a councillor, then please contact the Parish Clerk for an informal chat.

A parish, town or community council is the closest level of local government to the community. It is a local authority in its own right
that makes decisions on behalf of the residents in its parish and has a District/County authority hierarchy that sits above it. Councillors are elected but are unpaid for their time. Becoming a parish, town or community councillor is a rewarding experience and often described by those that get involved as a way of giving something back to their community.

For most people there are few barriers to becoming a councillor.

Qualifications - any person can be elected as a councillor if they are

1. a British national, commonwealth citizen or a euro-national on the day they are nominated and

2. 18 years of age or over and

3 a) on the day they are nominated and thereafter they continue to be a local government elector for the area of the authority or

3 b) has during the whole of the twelve months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in that area or

3 c) their principal or only place of work during that twelve months has been in that area or

3 d) during the whole of those twelve months has resided in that area or

3 e) in the case of a member of a parish, town or community council has during the whole of those twelve months resided either in the
parish or community or within three miles of it

Disqualification - a person is however disqualified from being elected or being a councillor if they

a) hold any paid employment or office in the authority for which they seek election or

b) are the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or other interim order or

c) have within five years before the day of election or since their election been convicted of any offence and has had passed on them a
sentence of imprisonment of at least three months (whether suspended or not) without the option of a fine or
d) has been found guilty of corrupt or illegal practices or responsible for incurring unlawful expenditure and the court ordered their



  • Fenland Older People Outreach Service

    Centra is the specialist care and support provider for Circle Housing and our mission is to Enhance the Life Chances of the people we work with. Life Chances are the opportunities each individual has to improve his or her quality of life and are linked to a person’s social situation.
    Our service is free for everyone in Fenland over the age of 65, to help people live independently. It is all about offering you more choices and control. We aim to support you to meet your needs to keep you safe and independent in your own home for as long as possible.
    Email or phone 0300 004 0349. Please leave a voice mail and we will return your call the next working day.

    Commissioned by Cambridgeshire County Council
    FREE TO ANYONE 65 OR OVER LIVING IN FENLAND - it doesn’t matter where you live, even homeowners and private renters can apply!

    Find out more about this FREE service for anyone over 65 living in Fenland at:

    We accept self referrals and referrals from other agencies including Housing, Health, and Social Services. To be eligible to receive this service, you must:
    • Live in the Fenland
    • You can also apply even if you’re a home owner and own your own property
    • Have a support need and not already receive a similar support service
    • Be over 65 years of age
    • Be willing to engage in a support planning process

    Centra Support provides a free outreach community support service to tenants living in the Fenland Districts. The service aims to
    help people live more independently, and maintain their accommodation.
    Housing related support is any need for a person in relation to their current housing. Either they need support in ensuring their current housing meets their needs, or the person needs support in finding more suitable housing.

    Call us on 0300 0040 349 and leave a message. We can also take down your details over the phone in order to make the referral.
    You can also email using
    Alternatively please visit our website for more details
    Service provided on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council

  • New Integrated Urgent Care Service for Patients

    The new Integrated Urgent Care Service that incorporates NHS 111 and the GP Out of Hours services for patients in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Oundle, Wansford and Royston has now launched. Wisbech patients are part of the Norfolk NHS 111 and Out of Hours service.
    To help simplify access for patients, NHS 111 services have been extended to provide patients with access to a wider range of services and specialist clinicians such as GPs, pharmacists and health advisors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. 

    NHS 111 enables patients and health professionals to get quicker access to the right health advice, at the right time and in the right place.

    •    For patients who become unwell when their GP surgery is closed, dialling 111 will enable a clinical assessment to be made and referral to the most appropriate service for their needs.

    •     For patients who are in need mental health support, dialling 111 and selecting option two will enable them to speak directly to a member of the mental health crisis team.

    •      The extended service will also enable Health professionals to get through to colleagues in the 111 services for support and advice via a dedicated option within the phone system.
    The new integrated service means better sharing of expertise between GPs, clinical advisers and health advisers to ensure an appropriately trained member of staff will be able to deal with individual patient’s needs.  By having one single point of access – 111 – it also prevents patients having to contact multiple different services to receive the care they need.
    The new integrated service follows a public consultation that ran in December 2014. The consultation showed strong support for NHS 111 and Out of Hours GP services to become integrated and be operated by a single provider. The new service will be run by Herts Urgent Care (HUC), a proven, experienced provider and have already been delivering the NHS 111 service in Cambridgeshire and
    Peterborough since 2013.
    All calls from both mobiles and landlines to 111 are free.

  • Changes to Advocacy Services

    From Monday  10th October advocacy services for Adults, Carers, Children and Young People  Looked After or In Need, across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough will be brought together into one service.

    The new service called Total Voice will deliver all commissioned statutory and non-statutory advocacy services through a new partnership of specialist advocacy organisations coordinated through one central Total Voice team.

    The Total voice partnership brings together advocates from VoiceAbility, Cambridgeshire Deaf Association (CDA) and NYAS.

    Total Voice can be contacted:
    By phone – 0300 222 5704   
    By email –
    Online –

    Children and young people can contact a NYAS advisor directly by calling 0808 808 1001 or emailing
    All professional referrals to statutory advocacy that meet eligibility criteria will be allocated directly to a specialist advocate.

    The new service will:
    Have a dedicated telephone line for people to get information about advocacy services available and tools needed to help themselves.
    Provide peer support and group advocacy sessions, led by trained volunteers who have experience of using health and social services.
    Provide face-to-face advocacy delivered by professional, experienced advocates.
    Details about the service are also available on the Total Voice website at The website also includes links to referral forms.

  • Concessionary Bus Passes

    The County Council is aware that over the next eighteen months the amount of renewals of the concessionary bus passes is going to be potentially very high. It is the responsibility of the pass holder to check when their pass is up for renewal and then to contact the County Council to get a new one.

    In order to aid the pass holder we have set up a new form which allows people to easily renew online. This online form can be found at If people have any problems with the online form then they can also call the number on the back of their passes or go to the library who will be able to help.

  • New number for Electricity queries

    On 6th September a new national phone number “105” will be launched by electricity network operators for customers to call should they need to report or get information about a power cut in their area.

    · Dialling 105 will put customers through to their local electricity network operator – the company that manages the cables, power lines and substations that deliver electricity into homes and businesses in their area.

    · 105 is just one of the ways that customers can contact their electricity network operator. They can also contact them by phone or via their website, and most network operators are on social media too.

    · 105 is a free service for people in England, Scotland and Wales.

    · Customers can call 105 no matter who they choose to buy electricity from.

    · Customers can also call 105 if they spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put anyone in danger. If there’s a serious immediate risk, they should call the emergency services too.

  • Connecting Cambridgeshire

    Superfast Broadband is here!

    Great news! Superfast broadband is now available to homes and businesses in this area. Check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or use a broadband comparison site to see if you can get it.
    Connecting Cambridgeshire is working to get as many people as possible connected to the new fibre broadband network, although some premises may be harder to reach and will have to wait a little longer for better broadband. A coverage map can be seen on the Connecting Cambridgeshire website ‘my area’ pages together with advice on the benefits of faster Internet access and how to get
    it. CLICK LOGO

  • Fenland Dementia Action Alliance

    There are no special requirements to join Fenland Dementia Action Alliance - you only need to be a business or organisation based in the geographical location of Fenland and enthusiastic about improving the lives of people living with dementia.
    Please click on the title for more information.

The next Parish Council Meeting is on Monday 11 December 2017 at 7.30pm at Christchurch Community Centre, Upwell Road, Christchurch.